Sunday, March 27, 2011

Puppy Supply List

Puppy Paraphernalia

Many training books, pet stores, and dog catalogs display an awesome and confusing array of doggy products and training equipment. Consequently, I have listed a number of essentials with personal preferences in parentheses.

1. Slicker brush and greyhound comb.
I like the Lawrence tender slicker brush. It is hard to find.
2. Dog crate (Vari Kennel size intermediate), and an exercise pen or large wire crate.
3. Dremel for nails.( I like the cordless one)
4. Grooming table ( makes is much easier to brush when they are up off the floor).
5. Water & Food bowl. I prefer Stainless Steel.
6. Dog food (Volhard NDF2) I will supply a week supply. You can also buy a bag when you pick up your puppy.
7. Freeze-dried liver treats for men, strangers, and children to win your puppy's confidence and as rewards for housetraining
8. Safe stuff to chew on. I use bully sticks and antlers.
9. Kongs and other toys that can be stuffed with treats or other goodies.
10. Plush (squeaky) Toys
11. Leash, when you pick up your puppy I will supply the puppies first collar.

No comments: