Friday, January 23, 2009

The Volhard Diet

Hi,
Anyone wanting to get a puppy from Rustyco Water Dogs needs to obtain a copy of "Dog Training for Dummies" by Wendy Volhard.

I have followed the Volhard diet for dogs since 2000. I have had amazing results with keeping my dogs on a raw diet. The unusually thing about the Volhard diet is there are no bones.(except once a week we give a raw bone after dinner. The diet is fully balanced and very healthy. What I like about DTFD is that it is a great training book plus you get the chapters on the raw diet with three different versions to use. You can make the diet from scratch, buy it dehydrated, or there is also a modifed kibble diet. It also has a chapter on minimal vaccines.

The best place to buy it is from www.half.com. They sell all sorts of books that are used. You can pick one up very reasonably. If you want to further understand the diet pick up "Holistic Guide for a Healthy Dog" also by Wendy Volhard. It is the book I first read when my first water dog, Quarry had alot of health issues. The diet helped him tremendously and he was able to to live to 12 and 1/2 yrs.

No comments: